EASY STEAMED ARTICHOKES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
|4 medium artichokes (about 12 ounces each)|
|1 lemon, halved crosswise|
|Butter, melted (optional)|
- Prepare artichokes for steaming: Snap off tough outer leaves. Using a serrated knife, cut off top 1/3 of artichoke. Snip remaining sharp or spiky tips using kitchen shears. Trim stem so artichoke stands upright. Rub cut surfaces with lemon to prevent discoloration. Repeat with remaining artichokes and lemon.
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot; add enough water so it reaches just below the basket. Squeeze lemon juice into water and add 1 tablespoon salt; bring to a boil. Place artichokes in steamer basket, stem-side up. Cover pot, and steam until heart is tender when pierced with a tip of a paring knife, and inner leaves pull out easily, 25 to 35 minutes; add more water to pot, if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature with Easy Hollandaise or melted butter, if desired.
ROASTED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES (OR SUNCHOKES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: qwertycook
Categories: Appetizers and Snacks
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|1 pound Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes)|
|¾ cup olive oil|
|2 tablespoons dried thyme|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic|
|sea salt to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scrub artichoke tubers and cut out eyes. Cut tubers into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix olive oil, thyme, garlic, and sea salt together in a large bowl; add Jerusalem artichoke pieces and toss to coat. Arrange coated pieces in one evenly-spaced layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Calories 449.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21.9 g, FatContent 40.7 g, FiberContent 2.7 g, ProteinContent 2.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.7 g, SodiumContent 86.9 mg, SugarContent 11 g
SLOW COOKER WARM ARTICHOKE DIP | RICARDO
Provided by: Ricardocuisine
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 to 12 serving(s)
|2 packages (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, cubed|
|1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup (60 ml) water|
|2 jars (6 oz/170 ml) oil-packed artichokes, drained and chopped|
|2 green onions, finely chopped|
|1 cup (30 g) spinach, finely chopped|
|2 cups (200 g) mozzarella cheese, grated|
|1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
- Slow Cooker Warm Artichoke Dip
Calories 285 calories