CUISSE DE POULET FARCIE RECETTES RECIPE
Also see our step-by-step photo tutorial for making Chicken Fricassee. A fricassee is halfway between a saute and a stew. A true classic — with as many variations as there are grandmothers in France — it relies on humble ingredients and just a single pot. It’s the original French comfort food: simmered chicken with hearty vegetables in a rich, silky sauce. And almost as satisfying as the dish itself is having our one-pot master recipe in your repertoire. recette de salade d endives recettes.
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
|1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 11 pieces (reserve back and wing tips for another use, such as stock)|
|Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, divided|
|1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)|
|1 carrot, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)|
|1 celery stalk, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/3 cup)|
|8 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup dry white wine|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|2 sprigs fresh thyme|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 large egg yolks, room temperature|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|2 to 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon leaves|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
- Brown ChickenSeason chicken on both sides with 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Preheat a Dutch oven or other large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and the oil to pot. When butter melts and foam subsides, add half the chicken, skin side down, in a single layer; do not crowd pot. (If butter begins to blacken, lower heat.) Fry chicken, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes total, and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Saute MirepoixReduce heat to medium, and add mirepoix (onion, carrot, and celery) to pot, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Saute mirepoix, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown in places, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook Mushrooms and FlourAdd mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms darken, become glossy, and begin to release liquid, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in flour, and cook until flour is absorbed by vegetables and is no longer visible, about 1 minute.
- Pour in Wine and BrothAdd wine to pot, and bring to a boil, stirring until liquid just thickens, about 45 seconds. Add broth, and stir.
- Simmer ChickenPlace chicken, skin side up, in a single layer on vegetables; pour juices that have accumulated on plate into pot. Tie parsley sprigs, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf together with kitchen twine; add to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover partially. Cook until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken registers 165 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a clean plate. Simmer liquid, uncovered, until reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Discard herbs.
- Make and Add LiaisonTo make the liaison (sauce thickener), whisk together egg yolks and cream in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, pour 1/2 cup cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, into liaison to temper it. Stir tempered liaison into pot.
- Finish with Tarragon, Lemon, and ButterReturn chicken to pot. Add tarragon, lemon juice, and the remaining butter. Bring to a simmer, stir gently to combine, and serve.