QUESILLO (VENEZUELAN FLAN) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: imgoingbananas
Categories: Custard and Cream Pies
Total time: 9 hours 47 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 7 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 cup white sugar|
|1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk|
|1 ¾ cups milk, or as needed|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare a bain-marie, or water bath, by filling a 9-inch heat-proof container with water.
- Melt sugar in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until melted, 7 to 10 minutes; be careful to keep it from burning. Pour sugar into a flan mold, coating the sides to ensure that the egg/milk mixture in the next step will not touch the container.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a bowl. Fill the empty can with milk and add to the bowl; stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Blend well. Fold mixture with a spatula or tap against the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Pour milk mixture into the slightly cooled flan mold. Put the lid on and place inside the water bath; don’t let the water go over the rim.
- Bake the quesillo in the bain-marie in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Pry lid open with a knife carefully; continue baking until set, about 15 minutes more.
- Let quesillo cool to room temperature, at least 25 minutes; refrigerate 8 hours to overnight. Slide a knife around the edges of the mold to loosen and invert onto a plate.
Calories 309.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 54.4 g, CholesterolContent 90.7 mg, FatContent 7.2 g, ProteinContent 8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.9 g, SodiumContent 110.4 mg, SugarContent 54.3 g
How do you make delicious Spanish flan?
Delicious Spanish flan, everyone will love it! Read the full recipe after the video. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides.
How to cook flan in oven?
For the hot bath. Place the pan inside a large baking pan. Add warm water to the pan until it reaches about ¾ inch. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes or until flan looks firm as in the picture below. Flan will keep cooking while it cools, so do not let longer in the oven. Let it cool.4.
What are the ingredients in a flan?
Spanish Flan – Ingredients 1 1 cup white sugar. 2 3 eggs. 3 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk. 4 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk. 5 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
How to make leche flan dessert?
Leche Flan is silky smooth, rich, and creamy with golden caramel. This classic Filipino custard dessert is easy to make and sure to be crowd favorite. Place 3 tablespoons of sugar in each of the three llaneras. Set llanera on the stove over low heat and using tongs, move repeatedly over flames until sugar is melted and turns into a golden liquid.