ROYAL BLUE VELVET CAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix|
|1 1/4 cups buttermilk|
|1/3 cup vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa|
|2 teaspoons royal blue paste food color|
|1 toothpickful violet paste food color|
|1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme|
|1 cup butter or margarine, softened|
|2 1/2 cups powdered sugar|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and lightly flour bottoms and sides of three 8-inch round cake pans, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among pans. Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Spoon marshmallow creme into large microwavable bowl; microwave uncovered on High 15 to 20 seconds to soften. Add butter. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and salt until smooth.
- If necessary, trim rounded tops of 2 cake layers to flatten before assembling. Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, top side down; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with untrimmed cake layer, top side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Store loosely covered.
Calories 390 , CarbohydrateContent 53 g, CholesterolContent 75 mg, FatContent 3 1/2 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 340 mg, SugarContent 39 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
What is a Royal Cake in French?
Another name of Royal cake in French is Royal au Chocolat, which means chocolate Royal. The origin of the Royal cake is unknown, but it is one of the most popular cakes in France. The dessert is also called “Versaillais” or “Trianon.”
What is Royal Cake (aka Trianon)?
Here is a recipe for Royal cake – French dark chocolate mousse cake, also called Trianon – that consists of nut dacquoise, crispy layer of crepes Gavottes, and chocolate mousse. Just make it and enjoy the best chocolate goodness ever. If you are a lover of rich mousse chocolate cakes, this Royal cake (aka French cake Trianon) is for you!
How do you decorate a Royal Cake?
Then dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder and prearrange the cake pieces with the back of the knife’s blade. The easiest way to decorate Royal cake is to sprinkle the sides of the cake with chocolate shavings and to dust the top with cocoa powder.
What is Royal Chocolate Cake made of?
The middle layer is crunchy praline feuillantine that is made with crispy French crepes Gavottes, milk chocolate, chocolate paste, and hazelnut praline. This layer is the most delicious one and a signature of Royal chocolate cake. The cake is topped with a creamy dark chocolate mousse that is based on whipping cream.