BREAD MACHINE BAGELS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Cristy Chu
Total time: 3 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 25 minutes
Yield: 9 bagels
|1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)|
|1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|2 tablespoons white sugar|
|3 cups bread flour|
|2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast|
|3 quarts boiling water|
|3 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 tablespoon cornmeal|
|1 egg white|
|3 tablespoons poppy seeds|
- Place water, salt, sugar, flour and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface. Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut dough into 9 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Twirl the dough on your finger or thumb to enlarge the hole, and to even out the dough around the hole. Cover bagels with a clean cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle an ungreased baking sheet with cornmeal. Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water. Boil for 1 minute, turning half way through. Drain briefly on clean towel. Arrange boiled bagels on baking sheet. Glaze tops with egg white, and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until well browned.
Calories 50.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 8.8 g, FatContent 1.3 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 1.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 404.4 mg, SugarContent 7.4 g
BREAD MACHINE CRUSTY SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 3 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast|
|4 cups lukewarm water (105°F to 115°F)|
|3 cups Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour or Gold Medal™ Bread Flour|
|4 teaspoons sugar|
|1/2 cup water|
|3 cups Gold Medal™ Bread Flour|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1 teaspoon bread machine or quick active dry yeast|
- Make sourdough starter at least 1 week before making bread. In large glass bowl, dissolve 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast in warm water. Stir in 3 cups flour and 4 teaspoons sugar. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Cover loosely; let stand at room temperature about 1 week or until mixture is bubbly and has a sour aroma. Transfer to 2-quart or larger nonmetal bowl. Cover tightly; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use sourdough starter once a week or stir in 1 teaspoon sugar. After using starter, replenish it by stirring in 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth. Cover loosely; let stand in warm place at least 1 day until bubbly. Cover tightly; refrigerate until ready to use. To use, stir cold starter; measure cold starter, and let stand until room temperature (starter will expand as it warms up).
- Measure 1 cup of the sourdough starter and all remaining bread ingredients carefully, placing in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Do not use delay cycle. (Total time will vary with appliance and setting.) Remove baked bread from pan; cool on cooling rack.
Calories 165 , CarbohydrateContent 37 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, ServingSize 1 Slice, SodiumContent 300 mg
BREAD MACHINE FRENCH BREAD
Provided by: BigOven Cooks
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 1/3 cups Water warm|
|1 1/2 tbsps olive oil|
|1 1/2 tsp. Salt|
|2 tbsps Sugar|
|4 cups All purpose flour or bread flour|
|2 tsp. Yeast|
- Place the warm water into your bread pan. Be sure the kneading paddle is in place. Then add the olive oil, the salt, and the sugar, in this order. Add the flour, covering the liguid. Make a small indentation on top of the center of the flour, but not deep enough to reach the liquid. Add the yeast to this indentation. (Adding the ingredients in this order is important, especially when using the timer. It keeps the yeast away from the liquid ingredients until it is time to knead them together. Liquid ingredients will prematurely activate the yeast.) Now you are ready to set your bread pan in the machine and set the timer or choose the French Bread Cycle. This recipe makes a 2lb loaf.
Calories 166 calories, FatContent 3.28802387794118 g, CarbohydrateContent 29.8692593119298 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, FiberContent 1.24892294595049 g, ProteinContent 3.9566516929922 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.46417449089886 g, ServingSize 1 1 serving (53g), SodiumContent 1.67504026620648 mg, SugarContent 28.6203363659793 g, TransFatContent 0.202810061562125 g
What kind of bread can you make with a bread machine?
Unlock the versatility of your bread machine with recipes for homemade bread, cinnamon rolls and even yeast-free loaves like banana bread. What Is a Bread Machine? What Would You Like to Cook?
How to make baguettes in a bread machine?
• Remove the pan from the machine. • Lightly flour the work surface. • take the dough out of the pan and place it on the work surface. • Shape the dough into a ball and use a knife to divide it into 4 pieces. • You will obtain 4 pieces of equal weight which are to be shaped into baguettes.
How do I clean my bread machine?
• Never immerse the body of the appliance or the lid. • Do not store the baking tray and the non-stick plates in the bread machine as this could scratch its coating. • Unplug the device and leave it to cool with the lid open. • Remove the lid, if you need to turn the product over. • Clean the outside and inside of the appliance with a damp sponge.
Can you make banana bread in a bread machine?
Unlock the versatility of your bread machine with recipes for homemade bread, cinnamon rolls and even yeast-free loaves like banana bread. What Is a Bread Machine?