CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 50 minutes
|2 cloves of garlic|
|½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (15g)|
|70 g quality chorizo|
|2 free-range chicken thighs skin off, bone out|
|1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika|
|1 red pepper|
|1 tablespoon tomato purée|
|1 organic chicken stock cube|
|300 g paella rice|
|100 g frozen peas|
|200 g frozen peeled cooked prawns from sustainable sources|
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Season to perfection, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Calories 494 calories, FatContent 12 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 26.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 75.7 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 8.5 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.6 g salt, FiberContent 5.7 g fibre
What can you make in a 5 minute recipe?
The point is you can feed your family well in very little time with very little fuss. Enjoy these easy recipes. This five minute recipe is made with canned tomatoes, corn, and green beans, canned tomato juice, and canned salad shrimp. But it has a wonderful fresh taste and is ready in a flash.
What are some quick and easy meals that take 10 minutes?
Easy 10-Minute Recipes (Or Less!) Here’s the roundup of quick and easy recipes for meals and snacks that take 10-minutes or less to make! Avocado Blueberry Banana Smoothie is a healthy way to start your day. This easy smoothie recipe only takes 5 minutes! These Avocado Chicken Wraps are a delicious and healthy 10 minute meal!
What can you make in 20 minutes?
This 20 minute Thai chicken noodle soup is an easy one pot meal with plenty of flavor. A Thai curry coconut broth with noodles, tender chicken and vegetables comes together in this hearty, filling and delicious soup. The Stir Fry Udon Noodles with Thai Green Curry and Spam is a delicious fusion of Thai and Japanese food in 20 minutes!
How long does it take to make minute rice soup?
With Minute® Rice you can replicate the dish at home in just 20 minutes! This 4-ingredient Basil, Brown Rice and Tomato Soup combines whole grain brown rice, pasta sauce, cream and fresh basil in a delicious, easy recipe. Make this Broccoli Cheese and Rice Soup and enjoy a true comfort food — in 15 minutes!