NUTELLA CREPES – ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
Provided by: GialloZafferano
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Eggs medium 3|
|Flour 00 1.3 cups|
|Whole milk 2 cups|
|Butter to taste|
|Nutella to taste|
|Powdered sugar to taste|
- To make Nutella crepes , begin by preparing the basic batter. Take a large, high-sided bowl and pour in the eggs 1 . Beat the eggs with a fork and add the milk 2 . Mix the ingredients well with a fork 3 .
- Sift the flour into the bowl 4 and stir vigorously with the whisk to avoid the formation of lumps 5 . Continue stirring until the mixture is homogeneous, smooth and lump-free 6 .
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes 7 . After this time, mix the batter 8 , butter a crepe pan or non-stick 8-inch (20 cm) pan and place over the heat with a dollop of butter. When it is hot, pour a ladle of batter to cover almost the entire surface of the pan 8 : you can use a crepe batter spreader to spread it evenly, or tilt and turn the pan slightly; this must be done quite fast, as the batter will tend to cook quickly. Cook over medium-low heat for about a minute on one side. As soon as it is slightly golden and you can lift the edges of the crepes with a spatula, flip it onto the other side 9 .
- Cook the other side for about 1 minute, waiting for it to turn a golden color 10 . When it is ready, put it on a serving dish or cutting board. Repeat this process until the batter is finished and 8 crepes with a diameter of approximately 8 inches (20 cm) are obtained; stack the crepes on top of each other when ready so they can be filled 11 . Then take a spoonful of Nutella and spread it on the surface of the crepes 12 .
- Fold the edge of the crepe over to the other side 13 . Fold the Nutella crepes in half so as to obtain a fan 14 and repeat for the remaining crepes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve your Nutella crepes hot 15 !
Calories 285 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 38.7 g, SugarContent 14.8 g, FatContent 10.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.37 g, FiberContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 81 g, SodiumContent 64 g
HOMEMADE NUTELLA PIZZA RECIPE BY CHEF GIUSEPPE MANCO
|2 3/4 teaspoon fresh yeast or active dry yeast|
|4 1/2 cup fresh water|
|2 3/4 tablespoon sea salt|
|12 1/2 cup flour|
|oil, for greasing|
|nonstick cooking spray|
|1/2 cup whole milk ricotta (buffalo milk italian preferred)|
|1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting|
|1/4 cup chocolate chips|
|1/3 cup hazelnut chocolate spread, such as nutella, at room temperature|
|1 9-ounce ball cold pizza dough|
|2 tablespoon sugar|
- Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let stand until the yeast is creamy, about 1 minute. Stir until the yeast dissolves. In a large bowl add the sea salt, then the yeast mixture and the flour; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat another large bowl with oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to oil the top. Cover with plastic wrap and store someplace warm; let rise until doubled in size, about 6 hours.
- Cut the dough into 9-ounce pieces and shape the pieces into balls. Place the balls on a nonstick surface or parchment paper, and then cover with plastic wrap, allowing room for the dough to expand. Let the dough rise until doubled, 8 to 12 hours.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours. Your homemade dough is ready to be baked.
- Blend the ricotta with the powdered sugar in a medium bowl until everything is creamy, then add the chocolate chips. Whisk the hazelnut chocolate spread in a medium bowl to blend with the ricotta cream until everything is mixed. Place a baking stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 to 550 degrees F. Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the dough into a 7-inch round. Brush some water on top of the dough then add the sugar for caramelize the top surface of the dough. Bake until the dough puffs and become golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- With a knife, cut the dough in half to form two separate rounded surfaces (it’s very important to do this while the dough is hot); now, the caramelized part is the top of pizza. Spoon the chocolate and ricotta mixture on the lower part of dough, then cover with the caramelized dough, and apply pressure with your hands to make the pizza uniform. Transfer the pizza to a plate, and dust with the powdered sugar. Allow to cool, and cut into six pieces. Serve!
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 2132 calories, SugarContent 45 g, FatContent 41 g, CarbohydrateContent 381 g, CholesterolContent 18 mg, FiberContent 15 g, ProteinContent 53 g, SaturatedFatContent 14 g, SodiumContent 1947 mg
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN SFOGLIATELLE RECIPE | NAPOLI’S DELICIOUS DESSERT
Provided by: Nonna Box
Total time: 270 minutes
Prep time: 180 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|500 gr flour|
|1 pinch salt|
|175 ml water (more if needed)|
|25 gr honey|
|450 ml whole milk|
|100 gr white sugar|
|1 pinch salt|
|150 gr semolina flour|
|500 gr ricotta|
|1 egg (large)|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 pinch cinnamon|
|50 gr candied orange peel (finely chopped)|
|150 gr unsalted butter or lard|
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add water and honey, and then mix to create a stiff dough. Then gradually add water.
- Place the dough on the counter and knead until it’s smooth and supple. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, split the dough into 4 pieces. Get one piece, then roll through a pasta machine. Roll using the widest setting, then fold in half and roll again. Do the same on each dough. Repeat this process until you create smooth sheets by gradually decreasing the width on each roll.
- When the sheet is at 1mm thick, lay it on the surface and apply a thin layer of lard or butter. Create thin sheets of the other doughs as well and roll them into similar thin layers.
- Roll up the first thin sheet to create a tight sausage shape.
- Next, wrap the next thin dough sheet around the original sausage shape pastry dough, layering up to create one large cylinder. Cover with a saran wrap and chill for 1 to 2 hours for the pastry to firm up.
- Now, to make the filling. Place the milk, sugar, and salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the semolina flour until it thickens and becomes smooth. After it has cooled down, transfer to a bowl. Then, add the remaining ingredients, stirring all the while to create a smooth, thick filling. Set aside, preferably inside the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring out the pastry roll and cut them into 1 cm-thick pieces. Use your fingers, greased with lard or butter, to make an impression on the center to create a cone shape.
- Get the filling and scoop a spoonful into the hollow and press the edges of the pastry together to lock. Repeat these for the rest, and line up all pastries on the tray.
- When you’re done putting filling on all the dough pieces, bake the pastries for about 30 minutes.
- When done, allow to cool for only a couple of minutes before sprinkling them with confectioner’s sugar. Serve immediately.
Calories 439 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 58 g, ProteinContent 12 g, FatContent 18 g, SaturatedFatContent 11 g, CholesterolContent 66 mg, SodiumContent 158 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 16 g, ServingSize 1 serving
What else can you make with Nutella®?
But there are so many other creative recipes with Nutella® you can make yourself. From cakes and cookies to pancakes, crepes and sushi rolls… yes, you read that right! With so many different ways to enjoy Nutella ®, all you have to do is bring your creativity and positive mood to the table.
How do you make Nutella taste like vanilla?
Store-bought Nutella uses vanillin, an artificial vanilla flavoring. To replicate that taste, try a tiny splash of vanilla extract or vanilla paste. Start with ¼ teaspoon and increase to taste. Encourage your kids to help make it.
Can you make homemade Nutella in a Vitamix?
I swear, the Vitamix was made for making Homemade Nutella. It’s so ridiculously powerful, it makes the Nutella gorgeously smooth in less than 2 minutes. With a less powerful blender, you may need to whizz it for up to 5 minutes. I made this Nutella for Nutella Crepes that I also shared today!!!
How do you thicken homemade Nutella?
Pour into sterilized jars and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the Homemade Nutella to thicken. Enjoy! I heated the jar (out of the fridge) in a small pot of boiling water to soften it up for dipping.