INSTANT POT RECIPES
With elements from South Indian cuisine, this rich and thick red lentil curry has a simple tempering of mustard seeds and is finished with creamy coconut milk. Garam masala and black pepper complement the creaminess of the coconut milk; you can adjust the spices to your preference for additional flavor as well as heat. poutine quebec recettes.
Provided by: Richa Hingle
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 tsp safflower or sunflower oil|
|1/2 tsp black mustard seeds|
|1/2 medium-size red onion (finely chopped (about 3/4 cup))|
|1 fresh ginger piece (peeled and finely chopped, 1-inch [2.5 cm])|
|4 garlic cloves (finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons))|
|1 hot green chile (such as serrano, finely chopped)|
|3/4 tsp plus a pinch of salt (or more to taste)|
|1/2 tsp ground turmeric|
|1/2 tsp garam masala or curry powder|
|1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper or cayenne pepper (or more to taste, or both)|
|1 cups large tomato (finely chopped (about 1 1/4[225 g]))|
|3/4 cup Water (175 ml)|
|12 oz uncooked butternut squash or pumpkin (peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes (3 cups), or use frozen, 340 g)|
|1 can unsweetened coconut milk (14-ounce [400 g])|
|1/3 cup dried split red lentils ((masoor dal))|
|3 to 4 ozbaby spinach|
|chopped fresh cilantro|
|red pepper flakes|
|freshly squeezed lime juice|
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting the Sauté setting. Heat the oil in the preheated pot for a few seconds, then add the mustard seeds and leave for about 30 seconds, or until they start to splutter. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, chile, and a pinch of salt and cook until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, garam masala, and black pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomato and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the water and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the tomato is softened, about 2 minutes. Add the butternut squash, coconut milk, remaining 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and remaining 1/2 cup (120 ml) of water. Add the lentils to the pot, and give it a good stir to combine and scrape up any bits of tomato from the bottom of the pot. Select the Cancel setting.
- Lock the lid into place, set the Pressure Release Knob to Sealing, select the Pressure Cook/Manual setting at high pressure, and set the cook time to 3 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, carefully set the Pressure Release Knob from Sealing to Venting to quick release. Open the lid and fold in the spinach to wilt it. Taste for seasoning, adjusting if needed.
- Garnish with lime juice, red pepper flakes, and cilantro. Serve over rice or with vegan flatbread or fresh vegan dinner rolls.
BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Laura Duncan Allen
Categories: Chocolate Cake
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
|1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened|
|1 large egg|
|⅓ cup white sugar|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips|
|1 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|1 cup white sugar|
|¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup water|
|⅓ cup vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center; add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir together until well blended.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins about 1/3 full with chocolate batter. Top each with a dollop of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the chocolate cake comes out clean and the cream cheese center is set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Calories 171.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22.4 g, CholesterolContent 18 mg, FatContent 8.9 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 2.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.9 g, SodiumContent 145 mg, SugarContent 15.1 g
INSTANT POT COQ AU VIN RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Carla Lalli Music
Yield: 4 servings
|4 chicken legs (thigh and drumstick)|
|Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper|
|2 cups dry white wine|
|1 bunch thyme, divided|
|4 oz. thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into ¾” pieces|
|8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps torn into 3 pieces|
|4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided|
|8 oz. carrots, peeled, cut crosswise into 4″ pieces|
|4 shallots, peeled|
|2 garlic cloves, smashed|
|2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar|
|1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour|
|Handful of chopped parsley|
|An Instant Pot or pressure cooker|
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season aggressively with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a 1-gallon resealable bag or an 8×8″ glass baking dish. Pour wine over, then add ½ bunch thyme. Turn to coat, seal bag or cover baking dish, and let sit at room temperature while you prep the other ingredients. (Or, chill up to 48 hours.)
- Cook bacon in a 10″ or 12″ nonstick skillet, preferably not cast iron, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp but all of the fat hasn’t rendered out, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. (Medium heat lets you work in batches without having to worry about scorching your pan, and you’ll eventually use all the browned bits to build a deeply flavored braising liquid.)
- Add mushrooms to bacon drippings in pan; season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden brown but not crisp, about 6 minutes. Scrape mushrooms into Instant Pot insert and reserve pan.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and place on a large plate; reserve marinade but pluck out and discard thyme sprigs. Pat chicken skin dry with paper towels. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in reserved pan over medium. If you’re using a 10″ skillet, you’ll have to do this in 2 batches, but chicken should all fit in a larger pan. As soon as butter is foaming, add chicken, placing skin side down, and cook, undisturbed, until skin is dark golden brown and plenty of fat is cooked out, 10–12 minutes. Turn onto flesh side and cook until pale golden brown underneath, about 2 minutes. Nestle chicken into pot insert.
- Pour off all but about 1 Tbsp. accumulated drippings in pan (save it—this is a cross between clarified butter and schmaltz and can be used to sauté or roast basically anything). Add carrots, shallots, and garlic; season lightly with salt. Cook, tossing often, until shallots are golden brown in spots, about 4 minutes. Add to pot insert along with half of the reserved bacon.
- Return pan to medium heat and pour in vinegar. Cook, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, until syrupy, about 3 minutes. Add reserved wine marinade and remaining ½ bunch thyme and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan, until reduced by half, 5–7 minutes.
- Pour liquid over chicken and seal pot. Set for “Pressure Cook,” high, 15 minutes. Let natural release 10 minutes, then unseal.
- Meanwhile, smash flour and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter together with a fork in a small bowl until well combined.
- Transfer chicken legs and vegetables to a platter or plates. Pluck out and discard thyme sprigs from liquid. Add butter-flour mixture to liquid and whisk to melt. Bring to a simmer on high “Sauté” setting and cook to thicken sauce, about 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Stir in parsley.
- Serve coq au vin with braising liquid poured over and all around. Sprinkle remaining reserved bacon over.
How to make a neti pot solution?
Using a Neti Pot can help relieve the symptoms of allergies and illnesses. Learn how to do it safely, and save yourself some cash by making your own Neti Pot solution. In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the salt and baking soda. Transfer to an airtight container. Use 1/2 teaspoon of solution per 8 ounces of water in a Neti Pot.
How to make pots de crème?
Only the top of the cream will bake in the dry heat, which creates the signature “skin-like” surface of the Pots de Crème. You can opt for traditional 120ml glass “petits pots”, individual porcelain ramekins or other oven-safe vessels. Choose eggs that are as fresh as possible. Choose a high quality semi-sweet dark chocolate (70% is ideal).
What are petite potatoes and how are they used?
So first off…what are petite potatoes! They actually don’t taste that much different than regular russets, but they are smaller. You can use them in a variety of ways, and they are kind of fun. They cook quickly and are perfectly bite-sized.