FRENCH TOAST RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jan Bittner
Categories: French Toast
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 slices
|⅔ cup milk|
|2 large eggs|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|salt to taste|
|6 thick slices bread|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter, or more as needed|
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly butter a griddle and heat over medium-high heat.
- Dunk bread in the egg mixture, soaking both sides. Transfer to the hot skillet and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve hot.
Calories 240.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.6 g, CholesterolContent 128.3 mg, FatContent 6.4 g, FiberContent 1.6 g, ProteinContent 10.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.2 g, SodiumContent 477.7 mg, SugarContent 5.6 g
BASIC CREPES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: JENNYC819
Categories: Sweet Crepes
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 crepes
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|½ cup milk|
|½ cup water|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted|
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Calories 215.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 25.5 g, CholesterolContent 110.7 mg, FatContent 9.2 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 7.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.9 g, SodiumContent 235.3 mg, SugarContent 1.7 g
BEEF WELLINGTON RECIPE | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
Provided by: Gordon Ramsay
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 100 minutes
Cook time: 01 hours 30 minutes
|Red wine vinegar|
|Bottle red wine|
What are four-spices?
“Four-spices” usually include four of five spices and are commonly used to season forcemeats for sausages and terrines. I include all five. This is one combination of spices that I try to keep on hand in small quantities.
What are the ingredients in a petit fours cake?
Ingredients 1 2 eggs 2 2 egg yolks 3 1 cup sugar 4 2 cups all-purpose flour 5 2 teaspoons baking powder 6 ½ cup milk 7 5 tablespoons butter, melted 8 2 cups Frosting for Petits Fours More …
What are Quatre épices and how are they used?
This quatre épices recipe, or four spices, is used to season everything from soups to grilled chicken in the French kitchen. This traditional version uses white pepper, but black pepper can be used as a substitution.
How do you reheat petit fours?
Set the rack over a shallow pan or waxed paper to catch the drips. Spoon or pour warmed petit four icing over the small cakes. The drippings may be scraped off of the pan or paper, and reheated for use again. Allow the petits fours to set until completely dry.