CREPE FARINE DE CHATAIGNE RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
|500 gr flour|
|100 gr caster sugar|
|10 gr salt|
|50 gr unsalted butter|
|1 liter milk (semi-skimmed or whole)|
- Prepare browned butter (optional, otherwise just melt butter): Cut butter into small cubes and let it melt in a large saucepan over medium heat. It will first crackle (butter moisture evaporates).
- Then when it stops bubbling, butter will gradually take a nice amber color with a nutty smell. Stop before it blackens. Filter using a drainer and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix flour (ideally previously sifted), sugar and salt. Add eggs and stir with a whisk or a fork. Add butter (melted or browned) and mix.
- Finally pour the milk very slowly while stirring constantly.
- Set aside to rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat a 23-cm (9-inch) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, brush with butter.
- For each crepe, pour about 1 ladle (about 3/4 tablespoons) of batter in the centre. Tilt frying pan to spread batter evenly until it covers the entire bottom of the frying pan.
- When the edge peels off easily and begins to brown, flip the crepe. Continue cooking until it brons a bit.
- Then set aside in a plate (see advices to keep them warm as you go).
THIN BREAKFAST CREPES | RICARDO
Provided by: Ricardocuisine
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 14 crepes, approximately
|1 cup (150 g) unbleached all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp sugar|
|1 pinch salt|
|1 1/2 cups (375 ml) milk|
|1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract|
|1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted|
|Softened butter, for cooking|
- Thin Breakfast Crepes
Calories 173 calories
What are the ingredients in crepes?
Basic Crepes – Ingredients 1 1 cup all-purpose flour. 2 2 eggs. 3 1/2 cup milk. 4 1/2 cup water. 5 1/4 teaspoon salt. 6 … (1 more items)
How do you make crepes with milk and butter?
Directions. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
How to cook Crepes on a charcoal griddle?
Directions. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe.
How long do you cook Crepes on each side?
Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.