GOLDEN RUM CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jackie
Categories: Rum Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 10-inch Bundt cake
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix|
|1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1 cup dark rum, divided|
|¾ cup water, divided|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup white sugar|
|½ cup butter|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped walnuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Combine cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, 1/2 cup rum, 1/2 cup water, and oil until well-blended. Pour batter over chopped nuts in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, butter, and remaining 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens and slightly darkens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/2 cup rum.
- Let baked cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Brush glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze and repeat until all glaze is used.
Calories 561.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 59.2 g, CholesterolContent 83.2 mg, FatContent 29.9 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 5.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.9 g, SodiumContent 476 mg, SugarContent 41.7 g
THE REAL MOJITO RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Brandy
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
|10 fresh mint leaves|
|½ medium lime, cut into 3 wedges, divided|
|2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste|
|1 cup ice cubes, or as needed|
|1 ½ fluid ounces white rum|
|½ cup club soda, or as needed|
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler and crush to release mint oils and lime juice.
- Add remaining lime wedges and 2 tablespoons sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour in rum and fill the glass with club soda.
- Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired.
Calories 203.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.5 g, FatContent 0.1 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 0.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, SodiumContent 11.4 mg