FROSÉ (FROZEN ROSÉ) RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
|1 750 ml bottle hearty, bold rosé (such as a Pinot Noir or Merlot rosé)|
|½ cup sugar|
|8 ounces strawberries, hulled, quartered|
|2½ ounces fresh lemon juice|
- Pour rosé into a 13×9″ pan and freeze until almost solid (it won’t completely solidify due to the alcohol), at least 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Add strawberries, remove from heat, and let sit 30 minutes to infuse syrup with strawberry flavor. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl (do not press on solids); cover and chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Scrape rosé into a blender. Add lemon juice, 3½ ounces strawberry syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice and purée until smooth. Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé is thickened (aim for milkshake consistency), 25–35 minutes.
- Blend again until frosé is slushy. Divide among glasses.
- Do Ahead: Rosé can be frozen 1 week ahead.
How to make homemade syrup with rose water?
Steps to Make It In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly. Stir in the rose water, reduce the heat, and cover the pan. Allow the syrup to simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool while still covered. Pour into a glass bottle with a good seal.
What is sirap Rose made of?
The name Sirap Rose is taken from the red colouring ingredient of the drink. This red rose coloured drink is basically a blend of just plain red syrup made from three main components, sugar, 3 drops of red colouring and water. You can say that it is almost similar to grenadine syrup, however, it is a sweeter version of the former.
What is the best rose to use for rose syrup?
Red roses are the best for this, for the color. But, you can also use pink roses for this recipe. I personally find the combination of dried and fresh rose petals make the most fragrant rose syrup. But if you can’t find fresh rose petals then replace tightly packed fresh rose petals with 1 cup of dried rose petals.
What is Rose simple syrup and what does it taste like?
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) A sweet, floral drink sweetener, rose simple syrup is incredibly easy to make at home. It’s the perfect addition to a variety of cocktails, including the delicate Rose Martini, and a mixer you’ll want to keep in stock.